Well it was a great turn out for a cold night, which just goes to show how many people are seriously worried about where these developments and zoning is going.
The Manningham council planning dept did thier best to explain how these zones were protecting us, and although it got a bit heated at times, I think a several of the key messages got through:
- The zones are NOT protecting us enough, and we want them changed.
- The council reviews of the developers plans and traffic reports are not thorough, nor objective enough, and in some cases are just plain wrong.
- Residents are frustrated with how the council wants to REPLACE our neighborhood with something less “Suburban.”
- Residents Do think these developments are overbearing.
- We are not happy that these failings have to be pointed out by us, at our expense!
Download the full presentation here: DD08 Info Night 2011-07-21 with explainations
Next for us is Monday night 6:30 at the Council submitters meeting, explaining to the planning Dept, and councilors why we think this development at 5-7 Curlew court is inappropriate, and reminding them of the 20+ regulation failings.
Then, on Tuesday night the councilors meet to vote on approval or not….