If you have a significant development going on next door, and they do go on for many , many months, how tolerant would you be?
- Is it Legal for them to crane large items across your property, when they haven’t enough room on their site? NO – but they do…
- What protective barriers or exclusion zones are required around cranes unloading from Streets to work sites?
- I expect the barriers should be out wide enough to make it impossible for public to get under the crane.
- The builders seem happy enough to walk underneath the crane’s mobile load, but I don’t think public should, I certainly wouldn’t.
If they are doing this, like at our house, the council won’t touch it, instead they will tell you to refer it Worksafe. Contact details for the Victorian branch are below.
Have you seem anything like this around you?
Victorian WorkCover Authority
Victorian WorkCover Authority’s responsibilities include:
- help avoid workplace injuries occurring
- enforce Victoria’s occupational health and safety laws
- provide reasonably priced workplace injury insurance for employers
- help injured workers back into the workforce, and
- manage the workers’ compensation scheme by ensuring the prompt delivery of appropriate services and adopting prudent financial practices.