High Density Headaches [Facebook RAIDID]
Three & four storey apartments – In YOUR STREET, in YOUR COURT. ( Not just main roads.)
Significant areas of Manningham council have been nominated as TARGETS for High density developments.
Our DD08 Info Night was a resounding Success – over 140 attendees ! Download the presentation here. DD08 Info Night 2011-07-21 with explainations
If we let them develop your neighborhood to the DD08 zone rules. EXPECT 500% to 1,200% more neighbors! – See below
15 homes per house block – why not Townhouses and 2 or 3 per Block?
IT COULD BE NEXT DOOR TO YOU !
2013-05-28 Changes to the DD08 planning rules passed through Council – “Amendment C96” It’s now awaitign State Gov. see the new Rules here.
There are now intended to be three zones in DD08 High Density areas close to main roads and Activity areas ( Shops)
- DD08 Main Road Precinct
- DD08 Precinct A: 10 to 11 meters high if greater than 1800m2 ( three blocks,3 to 4 storeys)) or 9 to 10 meters if smaller site (2 to 3 storeys)
- DD08 Precint B: 9 to 10 meters high (2 to 3 storeys)
Even in 2010 there were plans to build 30 appartments, three stories high, 9 meters, on a pair of normal house blocks,
All in a quiet court – not a main road! ( 5 & 7 Curlew court Doncaster.) DD08 – develops 500% to 1200% in closed courts and dead end streets!
Tell Mannignham Council what you think,
- Object to these developments, ( choose the “Object” page from the menu)
- Send a letter of Concern about the traffic & parking implications around the Doncaster Schools.
- Send a letter of Concern about the traffic & parking in your street.
- Send a letter of Concern about the traffic & parking at the “Park & Ride.”
Just in case you need to back track in time…
Legal disclaimer: This information is provided as a summary and easy reference point to information. We will always evdevour to have accurate information, without the excess fluff from source information.
This information is intended to allow you to ask for more details from authorities, not to replace them. Always seek clarification. This is not a paid site, rather it is volunteered research and information. shared for those interested.